This post may contain affiliate links from which i can earn a commission
Whoever says you can’t do decadent and healthy in one dish hasn’t tried my cashew nut cheesecake.
This isn’t something I would eat every day or every week. It is nice to have a treat though and I love to see non-low-carbers enjoying my food. I might make this for a dinner party or perhaps to take on a holiday to have a treat with our coffee in the morning.
If you’re not into impressing the mother-in-law, stick to melted chocolate on the top but if you’re up for a little sucking up go the whole hog.
What You Need
One 12 holes loose base dessert pan or one 20 cm springform cake tin.
No need to grease and line, I find if you let the dessert sit for a few minutes it pops out easily. If you are nervous though spray with a little oil.
Ingredients For The Base
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup cacao or good cocoa
- 1 tbsp cashew butter
- 1 tbsp coconut butter
- 2 scoops stevia pure extract powder
- 2-3 tbsp coconut oil. Enough to bring it all together.
Ingredients For The Filling
- 1 cup raspberries – for convenience and value I use frozen.
- 1 1/2 cups of raw cashew nuts soaked overnight and rinsed ( I’ve managed with 2 hours if you are short of time just make sure you whizz them longer to get the smooth texture you want).
- 1 lemon juiced.
- Xylitol or sweetener of your choice. Enough to please your taste I used approximately 2 scant tbsp.
- 1/2 cup coconut cream.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil.
Ingredients For The Impress Your Mother-In-Law Ridiculously Decadent Topping
- Raspberry chia jam – enough to put a small tsp on top of each dessert (see link below).
- 100 gms 90% Lindt chocolate, broken into pieces.
- 1 tbsp cashew nut butter.
- 2 tbsp coconut butter.
2 tbsp coconut oil.
- sweetener to taste – I used 2 scoops pure stevia extract powder.
- pinch of salt.
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or macadamias.
Method For The Base
- Throw everything in a bowl and mix.
- Press into cheesecake moulds.
- Put in freezer until filling is made – I often do this step the day before.
Method For the Filling
- Throw everything into a blender or food processor and whizz till nice a smooth.
- Taste for sweetness adjusting to suit.
- Pour on top of bases. You don’t need to make these too big as they are very rich.
Method For The Topping
- Place a small tsp of chia jam onto each cheesecake.
- Throw rest of ingredients except the chopped nuts into blender or food processor and whizz until smooth. This may take a little longer than expected.
- Mix in nuts and pile on top of cheesecakes.
- Leave on bench for a few minutes before popping out of the tin and onto a plate.
Link for the easiest Chia jam recipe
This recipe may look a little complicated but is truly easy. Each layer of ingredients are thrown in together, blended and plonked on top of the last. Give it a go, you won’t regret it.
Do you have your own decadent recipe that is also healthy? Pass it on, we all need a bit of decadence in our lives.