Jane Lamason 1/9 Rolle Street, Holland Park West, Queensland 4121, Australia. (“Jane Lamason” “us”, “we”, “our”), complies with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”) and the applicable Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act when handling personal information, together with the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld) (“IP Act”) and the applicable Privacy Principles in the IP Act when handling personal information which is health information. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of janelamason.com (“Website”).
We take the protection of your personal information seriously. Personal information includes any information or opinion, whether true or not, about a person who is identified or whose identity can reasonably be established.
We collect personal information for the purposes of delivering our products and services. We may collect information through the Jane Lamason Website located at https://www.janelamason.com (“Website”) or in the course of providing our Services in person, verbally and/or in writing from time-to-time.
We collect personal information:
- from our customers – when they register an enquiry, request an assessment for the purposes of dietary advice, purchase a nutritional plan or associated package, purchase a product, or otherwise in the course of providing our Services at any other time from time-to-time;
- when we receive enquiries through the Website or when the Website is otherwise accessed or used;
- when we receive enquiries via email; and
- from third-party service providers – when they are engaged to supply Services to us (such as professional services), provide information to us or invoice us for the provision of services.
The kind of personal information we may collect will depend on who you are (e.g. a client or third party service provider) and the nature of your interaction with us, and may include your full name, email address, postal or residential address, age, weight, and any medical conditions or allergies/intolerances, billing information and other personal information. If you do not provide us with all the information we request, we may not be able to deliver our Services.
Some personal information we collect may include health information. We collect health information from customers for the purposes of providing dietary advice and meal plans.
This enables us to safely, appropriately and accurately provide our Services and assess the needs of our customer in the provision of our Services and to generally assist in optimising the quality of our service.
We may use any personal information collected (excluding health information) to provide our Services, operate the Website, send you our newsletter, respond to feedback and complaints, communicate with third-party service providers, develop new Services, or if needed to enforce our Terms and Conditions with you. If you are a third-party service provider, we will use your personal information to email you to accept your offer to provide Services, correspond with you in relation to the provision of Services and to pay your invoices.
In all cases, unless you have opted out, you consent to us using your personal information (excluding health information) for direct marketing purposes in order to tell you about our Services. We may contact you by mail, telephone, email or SMS to market our products and Services. We will always give you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving any future direct marketing correspondence.
We comply with the Health Privacy Principles in the collection, use and disclosure of all health information. We collect your health information:
- from our customers when they request an assessment for the purposes of dietary advice, and/or purchase a meal plan or associated package;
- as necessary for the provision of our Services, but only as necessary for the provision of our Services, or as otherwise in accordance with your consent, or as may be required by law including Court order;
- only from you (or from someone authorised by you) (including your caregiver if you have one);
- with accuracy, on the basis that you may at any time request a copy of the health information that we hold by emailing us at [email protected] In the event our records are found to be inaccurate, we will rectify any inaccuracies on the basis of the further information you provide.
DISCLOSURE AND SHARING
DATA SECURITY AND QUALITY
We will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we collect and hold from misuse, loss and interference and from unauthorised access and modification, and to make sure it is accurate, complete and up-to-date when we collect, use or disclose it.
To assist us, please ensure you provide us with your correct details and let us know if you believe the information we have about you is inaccurate, incomplete, out of date or misleading (and we will take reasonable steps to correct the information). We may take steps to destroy or permanently de-identify information when it is no longer needed for any purpose for which it may be used or disclosed. We may retain and use de-identified information.
You can modify your browser to prevent cookie use – but if you do this our service (and our Website) may not work properly. The information stored in the cookie is used to identify you. This enables us to operate an efficient service and to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our Website.
ACCESS CORRECTIONS AND COMPLAINTS
You can request, and we will provide you with access to, any personal information we hold about you (including any health information) (subject to any applicable legal exceptions). Please also let us know if you have any concerns or complaints about the way we are handling your personal information so we can address them. Requests should be submitted by email to [email protected] Where our records are found to be inaccurate, we will promptly rectify any inaccuracies on the basis of the further information you provide.
OUR RESPONSIBILITIES UNDER GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the EU or UK you have certain rights and protections under the GDPR regarding the processing of your Personal Data.
We collect, use and store your Personal Data to enable us to provide you with our goods or services and information about them. We rely on the following lawful means of processing your Personal Data:
– Where it is necessary to fulfil a contract with you. This includes where we collect your Personal Data to enable us to send you our goods or provide you with our services.
– Where you have given us valid consent to use your Personal Data. We will rely on that consent and only use the Personal Data for the specific purpose for which you have given consent. This includes where we email newsletters or send mobile phone notifications.
– We may also process your Personal Data where it is to further our legitimate interests which could include usage statistics, analytics and internal analysis so we can improve our services to you.
YOUR RIGHTS AS AN EU OR UK RESIDENT
If you are a resident of the EU or UK you have various rights including the:
– Right to be informed;
– The right of access;
– Right to rectification;
– Right to object;
– Right to the restriction of processing;
– Right to erasure or to be forgotten;
– Right to data portability; and
– Right not to be subject to automated processing.
If you want to access your Personal Data or ask for the information to be corrected, please contact us. In some circumstances, you also have a right to object to or ask that we restrict certain processing activities or delete your Personal Data. If you would like to limit or request deletion of your Personal Data or exercise any other rights you can do so by contacting us.
Last Updated: July 2020