When you are trying to keep to a low carb and grain free diet one of the things you miss is something crunchy to have as a snack or an addition to a platter. After much trial and error I ended up with these healthy grain free seed crackers that won’t bust your diet.
I made them to have on a cheese board for our dinner guests the other night but forgot to put them out.
Their loss, my gain.
These are super delicious with anything on them. Last night I was after something to fill a small hole so I added half an inch of cashew butter on one of these and WHAMO magic on a cracker.
I am now hooked. I am going to now have to make some raspberry chia jam and see if I can top that particular high.
These crackers are low carb, Keto friendly, grain free and Paleo so they tick all the boxes. Aside from the health benefits, they are super tasty and go with all manner of toppings. We love them on a platter with cheeses, pickles and other titbits.
- 1/4 cup Sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup Linseed/flaxseed
- 1/2 cup Pepita seeds
- 3/4 cup Sunflower seed
- 1/4 cup Chia seeds
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 3/4 cup Water
- Flaky sea salt, to sprinkle
- Plonk everything into a bowl
- Mix and leave for 10mins
- Turn out onto sheet covered with baking paper
- Use wet hands to spread out thinly being careful not to have any holes
- Sprinkle with salt
- Bake at 150 C for 1 hour or until crispy and break into appropriately sized shards. To cut down on the baking time leave to sit overnight to dry. The cooking should then only take approx 20 minutes.
Do you have a favourite cracker recipe to share?