You can whip these yummy cinnamon spice cookies up in no time flat and with all that lovely cinnamon spice they really add to the Christmas spirit. For even more of a Christmas, vibe roll out the mixture and cut out shapes with a cookie cutter. Stars, candy canes, whatever takes your fancy. Of course, that will totally blow the time it takes to make them but its fun and the kids will love getting involved.
Afterwards, you can treat yourself to some of the other Christmas spirits, you know the kind that comes in a glass.
Healthy Cinnamon Spice Cookies
Prep: 10mins Cook Time: 10mins
- 1 1/2 cups Almond meal
- 3 tbsp Coconut flour
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil
- Vanilla extract 1 tsp
- Baking powder 1 tsp
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp + 1Tsp extra Xylitol or sweetener of your choice
- tsp Cinnamon
- Put the first 7 ingredients into a food processor and pulse – if you don’t have a processor these work fine by hand mixing.
- Mix together 1 teaspoon of cinnamon with an extra teaspoon of sweetener
- Roll teaspoon size pieces of the mixture into balls.
- Dip in cinnamon and sweetener mixture.
- Place on an oven tray and squidge down with a fork.
- Sprinkle with any leftover cinnamon mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
Check out the video of me making these cinnamon spice cookies here. It was done in a hurry so the quality is not as I would like but it gives you an idea of how quick and easy they are.
Do you have a favourite healthy cookie recipe that you make at Christmas?