I love fritters and I have just discovered these cauliflower and zucchini fritters to help feed my habit.
I remember mum making the best corn fritters with a can of creamed corn, eggs and flour.
There were never enough.
We often had them for Sunday night tea with eggs and bacon or between two bits of fresh white bread. For all her culinary skills it was one of my favourite meals.
In the interests of eating healthy and low carb I have moved on from the creamed corn thing but unfortunately, all other fritters were also relegated to the ranks of unhealthy and so didn’t make a show within cooee of our kitchen for some time.
That is until now.
I have been trawling the recipes on Pinterest and have concocted my own version of a recipe for cauliflower and zucchini fritters. We are having pickled pork for dinner tonight (more on that in another post)and I intend to have the fritters as a side with some fresh green beans. Jealous yet?
Healthy Low Carb Cauliflower And Zucchini Fritters
Serves 4 | Time to Prep: | Time to cook:
- 1/2 medium head of cauliflower
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 2 spring onions sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut flour
- salt and pepper
- coconut oil for frying
- Steam cauli in the microwave until just cooked.
- Pulse in a food processor until it resembles rice or couscous.
- Allow to cool a little.
- While the cauli is cooling grate the zucchini with a box grater.
- Squeeze the excess moisture out of the zucchini. I just use my hands for this, it saves dirtying a tea-towel.
- When the cauli is cool add all of the ingredients except the coconut oil together.
- Add spoonfuls of the mixture to a frying pan which has been heated to medium heat.
- Flatten the patties with a spatula or fish slice.
- Fry in coconut oil until golden.
- Keep the patties fairly small or they will tend to fall apart.