This post may contain affiliate links from which i can earn a commission
Get some Avo in your day.
This delicious vegan recipe is one you will go back to many times as a staple. It is such a good way to get healthy fats and fibre into your diet which is helpful if you are trying to lose midlife belly fat.
These versatile fruits of the gods are full of plant sterols, monounsaturated fats and potassium which can help to lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of stroke.
The plant sterols increase heart health and some are able to block the absorption of chemical estrogens found in some plastics, skincare, cleaning products and environmental pollutants.
The monounsaturated fats or MUFAs can help to reduce pain and stiffness for rheumatoid arthritis sufferers.
Avocados also provide many other essential health-boosting nutrients, including fibre, vitamin E, B-vitamins, and folic acid.
Use anywhere. Even just on its own with a squeeze of lemon, a slosh of olive oil and salt and pepper.
Make this herby avocado hummus and put it on anything, fish, sandwiches, crackers, or corn chips. Whatever takes your fancy.
Use this to make loaded sweet potatoes or have it with seed crackers or on your favourite bread.
- 1 avocado, peeled, stone removed 1x 14 oz. can (400g) chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 6 tbsp. tahini
- 5 tbsp. lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 cup (15g) cilantro leaves & stems salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin seeds, to serve
- Place the avocado, chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, and cilantro into a food processor, season with salt and pepper and blitz until smooth.
- Add in the olive oil and blitz again until creamy. Taste the hummus and season with a little more salt if required.
- Transfer the hummus to a serving bowl, garnish with pumpkin seeds and optional additional cilantro and olive oil.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 145Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 38mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 3gSugar: 0gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.