This post may contain affiliate links from which i can earn a commission
Imagine if you could have a delicious pasta dish that was healthy, vegan and plant based. Well, imagine no more! Some might call them Zucchini lasagna rollups but whatever the name it doesn’t matter this is delicious.
Eating a plant-based diet allows your gut to more easily absorb the nutrients from food. These nutrients support your immune system, improve digestion and lower inflammation. Fiber in plant foods helps flush toxins through your system, can lower cholesterol as well as keep blood sugar levels stable. It’s also great for good bowel management which as we move throught midlife becomes some what important.
This plant based and vegan Rolled Zucchini Pasta Bake is the perfect meal for those looking to indulge in something tasty while sticking to a healthier diet.
With its fresh ingredients and easy preparation, this dish is a winner any night of the week. Give it a try tonight!
- 4 medium zucchinis
- 2 cups (450g) tomato pasta sauce of your choice
- ¼ cup (35g) vegan mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 cup (10g) vegan Parmesan
- salt and pepper
- 12 oz. (340g) pack extra firm tofu pressed and drained *see below for how to do this
- 10 sundried tomatoes packed in oil
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup (12g) chopped parsley
- 4 tbsp. vegan Parmesan (store-bought)
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 cups (300g) lettuce of choice
- 4 cups (300g) vegetables of choice
- 4 tbsp. salad dressing of choice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Slice the zucchinis lengthwise into long thin strips. Sprinkle each slice with a little salt and place onto a baking tray lined with a paper towel. Set aside to allow the salt to extract any excess waterfrom the zucchinis.
- Place the drained and pressed tofu, sundried tomatoes, nutritional yeast, chopped parsley, vegan Parmesan, lemon juice, and garlic cloves into a food processor. Season to taste with salt and black pepper and pulse to rough consistency.
- Pour 2 cups of pasta sauce into a cast iron or oven-proof pan or baking dish and set aside. Pat off excess water from the zucchini slices. Spread out 2-3 tablespoon of the tofu filling alongeach of the zucchini slices. Roll up the zucchini with thefilling and place into the cast iron pan. Repeat this process until all the zucchini slices are filled.
- Sprinkle with vegan Parmesan and vegan mozzarella. Place the pan into the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until pasta sauce is bubbling in the middle.
- Serve with a side green salad of choice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 208Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 632mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 5gSugar: 8gProtein: 10g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate