It’s Sunday night.
You’ve indulged a little over the weekend. You must have something healthy for dinner because you need those nutrients to perform a full-on exorcism cleansing of your body aaaaaannnnd you definitely do not feel like cooking!
What in the name of all things good are you doing here? You need to be down at your local church talking to a priest.
Enter stage right, paleo tacos
Seriously though this dish could go a long way towards restoring your balance, it’s quick, easy and super healthy.
Give it a go and let me know what you think.
Simple And Delicious Paleo Fish Tacos
4 medium sized fish fillets – I use Aldi frozen Hoki fillets with skin on
Add the following to a plastic bag
- 1/2 – 1 tsp of chilli powder (depending on your tolerance)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- A good grind of pepper
- 1/2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1/2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp Almond meal
- 1 tbsp Desiccated coconut
- 1 large cos lettuce
- 1 avocado mashed with salt, pepper and lime juice – I also like to add a drizzle of olive oil and coconut cream to help spin it out further
- 4 large radish cut into sticks
- 1/4 cucumber cut into sticks
- 2 large gherkins sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut
- natural coconut yoghurt
- whole egg mayonnaise
- extra fresh red chilli sliced (optional)
- grated cheese (optional)
- While the fillets are still semi-frozen cut into approximately 5cm x 2cm strips
- Spray the fish with coconut oil and add to the bag shaking to coat
- Tip onto a baking dish lined with baking paper
- Bake for 10 minutes at 180 deg Celcius
All The Good Stuff
- Arrange all your fillings on a large platter
- Add the fish
Do you have a recipe that you use to ease yourself out of the weekend?