I have a special treat for you this week. Two ingredients that help reduce stress in super easy and delicious recipes.
These two recipes are made with ingredients that are known to contain nutrients that will help you fight stress, they also delicious which definitely helps!
A healthy source of fat, these creamy green fruits can stress-proof your body. They’re rich in glutathione, a substance that blocks the intestinal absorption of fats that cause oxidative damage which creates free radicals and ages us. Anything to slow the ageing process is a superhero in my book. Avocados also contain more folate than any other fruit and are rich in potassium which helps in lowering blood pressure.
4 Ingredient Chocolate Mousse
How can you not be de-stressed when you eat this? Picture this, a softly lit room, a glass of red, a big soft chair and a good book. I think I would think I had died and gone to heaven.
Prep: 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup Almond milk, unsweetened
- 2 Avocado (peeled, pitted, halved)
- 1/2 cup Cacao powder
- 1/4 cup Erythritol
- pinch Sea salt
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor or blender. Process until completely smooth.
- Transfer to a sealable container and refrigerate at least 1 hour, or until ready to serve.
- Serve with grated dark chocolate and/or coconut whipped cream.
Garlic Parmesan Asparagus
I could quite happily sit and eat a plate of this and nothing more. Love, love, love this vegetable.
- 1 bunch Asparagus
- 2 tbsp Garlic (minced)
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp Salt
- Melt oil over medium-high heat in a pan. Add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
Add asparagus to the pan.
- Using a spatula, coat the asparagus with the oil and garlic mixture.
- Sprinkle asparagus with salt.
- Cover and let cook until asparagus is tender.
- Flip and turn asparagus one or two times throughout cook time.
- Once cooked, salt as needed to taste.
- Sprinkle tops of asparagus with Parmesan cheese. Serve.
Why not consider using ingredients that help reduce stress in your recipes and fight stress on more than one front.
Give these two recipes a go and relax on cloud nine. Let me know how super de-stressed you feel!
For more foods that fight anxiety and stress check out this post here.