I make this zoodles dish fairly often. It is very forgiving and you can just keep adding to it, chilli, asparagus, broccoli, various herbs, feta. The sky and your imagination is the limit.
Zucchinis are a good source of Magnesium which supports muscle and nerve function. As well as Vit A and C plus potassium and fibre.
The sauce can also be exchanged for your usual tomato-based pasta sauce. Whatever tickles your fancy. We used to accompany it with chicken but since going on a more plant-based diet we tend to leave that out.
It is low carb and healthy but for goodness sake don’t tell the kids that. Give it a go and have fun.
The spiralizer is available all over the web.
They are fairly cheap, around $30, and can be used for various other veggies as well. It was well worth the investment.
Zoodles With Avocado Sauce
Serves 3 | Time to Prep: 10 mins | Time to cook: 2 mins
- 3 large Zucchinis
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Large Ripe Avocado
- 1 tbsp Coconut cream
- Juice of half a lemon
- Turn the zucchinis into noodles with either a mandolin slicer or a spiralizer especially made for the task.
- Mash the avocado with a fork add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix in lemon juice, coconut cream and 1 tbsp of the olive oil.
- Saute off the zucchini a little if you would like it slightly heated or if you prefer (as we tend to now) keep it raw. If heating, take care not overcook it. There is nothing worse than mushy veg.
- Gently stir in the avocado mixture and turn off the heat.
Do you have a favourite veggie noodle recipe you can share?