TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Your Acceptance
The following terms and conditions relating to the provision of any services or sale of products (including physical products or downloadable material) from the Jane Lamason website (https://www.janelamason.com) (“Site”) (“Services”) (“Terms and Conditions”). These Terms and Conditions constitute an agreement between, Jane Lamason of janelamason.com (“Jane Lamason” “us”, “we”, “our”), the owner and operator of the Site, and any Services and you (“you”, “your” or “user(s)”), a user of the Site and/or Services (“Agreement”).
Users must be 18 years or older to purchase any of our products or Services.
2. Requirement to Obtain Professional Medical Advice
- All content on our Site is for informational and educational purposes only.
- Any statements appearing on our Site or in our Services have not been evaluated by any other national or international agencies.
- None of the content or products offered on this Site is meant to diagnose, treat, alleviate or relieve any medical or health conditions, nor to guarantee any particular outcome or results.
- The products and content found on the Site are not intended as a substitute for the advice provided by your doctor or other healthcare professional.
- You should always speak with your doctor or other healthcare professional before adopting any treatment for a health problem or before adopting any new fitness or dietary regime or using any of our Services.
- If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, or if you have a pre-existing medical condition or are pregnant or breastfeeding, you should contact your healthcare provider before using our Services.
- Never disregard, avoid, or delay obtaining medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare providers because of something you have read on our Site.
- You should be in good health and physically fit when using our product or Service, failure to be in good health may result in adverse health consequences.
- Please seek medical advice in regards to your health conditions and physical fitness.
- If at any time you notice any unanticipated changes to your health (physical, mental or emotional), you should seek medical attention immediately.
3. Our Reliance on Your Accuracy of Information
- You are responsible for making your own inquiries and seeking independent advice from a healthcare professional before acting on any information or material made available to you through our Site. Our Services may not be suitable for your particular circumstances.
- You acknowledge that our Services are provided on the basis of the accuracy and completeness of the information that you provide us, following our evaluation of that information. You further acknowledge that your failure to provide accurate or complete information may adversely affect the quality, efficacy or suitability of these Services.
- You warrant the truth, accuracy, currency and completeness of any information you provide us.
4. Nutritional Information
Nutritional information provided on our Site is based on research. Before relying on any nutritional information on our Site, you should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance of this information to your purposes and health particularities, and consider the need to obtain appropriate expert advice relevant to your circumstances. We do not give any warranty that the information is free from error or suitable for your purposes.
Nutrient data published on our Site or through our Services may represent an average of the nutrient content of a particular sample of foods and ingredients, determined at a particular time. The nutrient composition of foods and ingredients can vary substantially between batches and brands because of a number of factors. Some of the data may be borrowed from overseas food composition tables, supplied by the food industry, taken from food labels, imputed from similar foods, or calculated using a recipe approach.
5. Fitness Level
Persons with pre-existing medical conditions, in poor health, or with any concerns as to the commencement of a new fitness regime should consult with an appropriate healthcare professional before beginning any fitness program. You are responsible to make your own inquiries and seek independent advice from a healthcare professional before acting on any information or material made available to you through our website. Our information service may not be suitable for your particular circumstances and is not a substitute for obtaining specific advice from a qualified healthcare professional.
You acknowledge that by participating in our information service you are doing so voluntarily and, depending on your particular circumstances, there may be risks to your health. You further acknowledge that these risks may be caused by your own acts or omissions, or those of other users of our Site, or maybe risks that are not known to you or are not readily foreseeable at the time of using the information service. This is a risk warning pursuant to the Australian Consumer Law. You assume all risks in connection with your participation in our information service. To the extent permitted by law, we exclude any express or implied warranties of reasonable care and skill.
Please be aware that any testimonials on the Site may not reflect the results that you may achieve. Results may vary and your experience may not be similar to the experience of the user testimonials.
7. Personal Information
You warrant the personal information and health information you provide us is truthful, accurate, current and complete to the best of your knowledge or belief. We accept no liability in the event you fail to provide us with personal information or health information that is truthful, accurate, current and complete.
By agreeing to the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement you agree to receive our email newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time by emailing us at email@example.com with ‘unsubscribe’ in your email’s footer.
8. User Accounts
We may assign you a username/password and account information in order to enable you to access and use certain areas of our Site or require you to set up your own account access using a username/password chosen by you (“Login”). Each time you use your Login, you will be deemed to be authorized to access and use our Site in a manner consistent with this Agreement. We have no obligation to investigate the authorization or source of any such access or use of our Site.
You are solely responsible for protecting the security and confidentiality of your Login and for all activities on our Site using that Login, including without limitation, all communications and transmissions and all obligations (including without limitation financial obligations) incurred on our Site through such access or use of your Login.
You must immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your Login or any other breach or threatened breach of our Site’s security you may be aware of.
We use a secure online payment system.
In order to purchase any of our Services (including any products), you may be required to provide us with your credit card information. Please be aware that all credit card information may be shared with our third-party payment processors such as Stripe. By purchasing through our Site, you agree that we may charge you the price listed at the checkout screen and that any payments made via credit card may attract an additional percentage fee, as charged by the relevant merchant from time-to-time.
All orders must be pre-paid. Orders will only be sent out or available for download (for electronic products) after full payment of the total amount is cleared.
You warrant that the payment details and any related personal details you provide us are correct. We accept no liability in the event you fail to provide correct or incomplete payment or personal details or for any losses suffered as a result of the fraudulent or unauthorised use of credit cards.
The prices for Services provided under this Agreement will be as set out on our Site at the time you apply for the Services. All prices are in Australian Dollars unless otherwise stated, and inclusive of GST, and you agree that we may charge you GST as set out in the A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999 (“GST Act”).
From time to time we may issue promotional or discount codes. These can be redeemed at checkout and are subject to the terms of issue stated by us in relation to each promotion or discount.
If you have any issues with payment do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Services (including any goods) available from our Site are subject to consumer protections under the Australian Consumer Law.
10. Delivery and Shipping
- Nutritional products available from our Site are subject to the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement.
- We make every effort to ensure our product descriptions are as accurate as possible with specifications made on the information provided to us. However, should an error occur we reserve the right to correct our description.
- Images are for illustrative purposes only and may not be an exact image of the actual product.
- Due to product demands, janelamason.com products may not be available at all times. If no products are available we will contact you and inform you of our product availability and projected delivery times. Although our product may be delayed or momentarily unavailable you agree that we may still charge your credit card and ship janelamason.com products when they become available.
- Orders are dispatched within 3-5 business days of receiving your confirmed order/payment.
We currently only ship to street addresses in Australia. Freight/shipping costs are calculated depending on your postcode and will be provided at the checkout prior to payment.
11. Refunds and Cancellations
- Your rights to refund or replacement (if applicable) are as prescribed under the “consumer guarantees” as defined by Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) (“Consumer Guarantees”) (“Australian Consumer Law”).
- In the event of any defect with the Services (including any products) that you have purchased on or through our Site, your remedies will be as prescribed under Australian Consumer Law, and our liability will be limited to replacement of the Services (including any products) in question (where applicable), or refund to the value of those Services (or goods). If you believe any of the Services including any products purchased on or through our Site contain a defect, you must notify us immediately by emailing us at email@example.com
12. Contact Information
If you have any questions or concerns about your order or if you have any questions about our products do not hesitate to contact us. You may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, we hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, any implied warranties with respect to the Services (including any products listed or purchased on or through our Site. Except for the purposes of Consumer Guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law, we hereby expressly disclaim all liability for our Service, and for product defects or failures, claims that are due to your use of our Service or products, product misuse, abuse, product modification, improper product selection, non-compliance with any codes, or misappropriation. The foregoing exclusions of implied warranties do not apply to the extent prohibited by law. Please refer to your local laws for any such prohibitions.
In regards to any breach or failure to comply with any Consumer Guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law, we may replace any goods or supply equivalent goods, repair such goods, or pay for the cost of repair. For any services, we may resupply the service or pay for the service to be supplied again.
14. Limitations and Liability
- Notwithstanding any limitations or restrictions placed on this limitation of liability by the Consumer Act, we do not assume any responsibility or liability for any damages to you. In no event will we, or any of our respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, affiliates, agents, successors or assigns, nor any party involved in the creation, production or transmission of this Site or any Services offered, be liable to you or anyone else for any direct, indirect, special, punitive, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of use of this Site, any websites linked to this Site, or the materials, information or services contained on any or all such websites, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages. The foregoing limitations of liability do not apply to the extent prohibited by law. Please refer to your local laws for any such prohibitions.
- For the purposes of the following clause, in addition to the defined terms above “Consequential Loss” means any loss or damage suffered by a party or any other person that is indirect or consequential, including but not limited to loss of revenue, loss of income, loss of business, loss of profits, loss of goodwill or credit, loss of business reputation, loss of use, loss of interest, damage to credit rating or loss or denial of opportunity.
- With the exception of Consumer Guarantees, we exclude:
- any term, condition or warranty that may otherwise be implied by custom, law or statute;
- any liability for loss caused by our negligence; and
- any liability for Consequential Loss.
- To the extent permitted by law, our liability in respect of any breach of or failure to comply with any Consumer Guarantee is limited, at our option to any one or more of the following:
- In the case of goods, to:
- the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods;
- the repair of the goods;
- the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or
- the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired.
- In the case of services, to:
- the supplying of the services again; or
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
- In the case of goods, to:
In the event of any problem with the Services (including any products) that you have purchased on or through this Site, you agree that your sole remedy is to seek a return and refund for such Services (including any products) in accordance with the returns and refunds policies posted on our Site.
For Jurisdictions that do not allow us to limit our liability: Notwithstanding any provision of this Agreement, if your jurisdiction has provisions specific to waiver or liability that conflict with the above then our liability is limited to the smallest extent possible by law. Specifically, in those jurisdictions not allowed, we do not disclaim liability for: (a) death or personal injury caused by its negligence or that of any of its officers, employees or agents; or (b) fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) any liability which it is not lawful to exclude either now or in the future.
If you are a resident of a jurisdiction that requires a specific statement regarding release then the following applies: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” You hereby waive any provision in law, regulation, or code that has the same intent or effect as the aforementioned release. Your ability to use our site is contingent on your agreement with this and all other sections of this Agreement. In the event that we may not limit our liability in your jurisdiction, you agree our total liability to you is not more than AUD$100 or the total amount you spent while using our Site, Services (and any products) within the last six months, whichever is greater.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Jane Lamason its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from:
- your use of and access to our Site and Service;
- your violation of any term or condition of this Agreement;
- your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; or
- any claim that any of your use caused damage to a third party.
This indemnity will survive this Agreement and your use of our Services. You also agree that you have a duty to defend us against such claims and we may require you to pay for a solicitor of our choice in such cases. You agree that this indemnity extends to requiring you to pay for our reasonable solicitor’s fees, court costs, and disbursements including in relation to the settlement of any claim.
16. Privacy and Child Protection
We comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”) and the applicable Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act when handling personal information, together with the Information Privacy Act 2009 and the applicable Health Privacy Principles in the Information Privacy Act 2009 when handling personal information which is health information.
Jane Lamason complies with all Australian Child Protection legislation to the extent applicable.
17. Choice of Law
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws in force in the state of Queensland, Australia. The offer and acceptance of this contract are deemed to have occurred in Queensland, Australia.
18. Forum of Dispute
You agree that any dispute arising from or relating to this Agreement will be heard solely by a court of competent jurisdiction nearest to the state of Queensland Australia.
If you bring a dispute in a manner other than in accordance with this section, you agree that we may move to have it dismissed and that you will be responsible for our reasonable attorneys’ fees, court costs, and disbursements in doing so.
You agree that the unsuccessful party in any dispute arising from or relating to this Agreement will be responsible for the reimbursement of the successful party’s reasonable attorneys’ fees, court costs, and disbursements.
18. Force Majeure
You agree that we are not responsible to you for anything that we may otherwise be responsible for, if it is the result of events beyond our control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, war, insurrection, riots, terrorism, crime, labour shortages (including lawful and unlawful strikes), embargoes, postal disruption, communication disruption, failure or shortage of infrastructure, shortage of materials, or any other event beyond our control.
In the event that a provision of this Agreement is found to be unlawful, conflicting with another provision of the Agreement, or otherwise unenforceable, the Agreement will remain in force as though it had been entered into without that unenforceable provision being included in it.
If two or more provisions of this Agreement are deemed to conflict with each other’s operation, we shall have the sole right to elect which provision remains in force.
We reserve all rights permitted to us under this Agreement as well as under the provisions of any applicable law. Our non-enforcement of any particular provision or provisions of this Agreement or any applicable law should not be construed as our waiver of the right to enforce that same provision under the same or different circumstances at any time in the future.
You may not assign your rights and/or obligations under this Agreement to any other party without our prior written consent. We may assign our rights and/or obligations under this Agreement to any other party at our discretion.
We may amend this Agreement from time to time. When we amend this Agreement, we will update this page and indicate the date that it was last modified or we may email you. You may refuse to agree to the amendments, but if you do, you must immediately cease using our Site and our Service.
23. Electronic Communications
We use electronic means of communication, whether you visit the Site or Service or send us e-mails, or whether we post notices on the Site or Service or communications with you via e-mail. For contractual purposes, you (1) consent to receive communications from us in an electronic form; (2) agree that all terms, conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if it were to be in writing. The foregoing does not affect your statutory rights.
- This Agreement constitutes the whole of the agreement between the parties. It supersedes and extinguishes any previous agreement or understanding between the parties about the subject matter of this Agreement and any representation or warranty previously given.
- If any provision of this Agreement is or becomes illegal, invalid or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, the provision must be read down so as to give it as much effect as possible. If it is not possible to give the provision any effect at all, it is severed from this Agreement. Any reading down or severance does not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions in that jurisdiction or the validity and enforceability of the offending provision in any other jurisdiction.
- No failure by either party to exercise and no delay in exercising any right under this Agreement will be taken as a waiver of the right. No waiver of any right is effective unless made in writing. Waiver of any particular right does not in any way release the other party from strict compliance in the future with the same or any other obligation.
- The rights and remedies provided in this Agreement are cumulative and do not exclude any other rights provided by law.